[Chennaipy] Lightning Talks for Beginners

Vijay Kumar vijaykumar at bravegnu.org
Tue Dec 9 02:46:26 CET 2014

On Monday 08 December 2014 09:49 PM, Shrikant Giridhar wrote:

[clip]

> Great list! Another suggested topic could be demo-ing a script or a
> useful program you hacked together to scratch your own itch (maybe a web
> crawler or an IRC bot or.. ). I'm sure people would be interested in those.

That was exactly what I was going to post next!

Often times at work, we build tools and utilities to fix or workaround
issues that we face. These might be just throw away scripts, or the
scripts might not be generic enough to be published. But they could
contain sufficient hack value, and might be interesting to the
audience. You might want to consider talking about them. Who knows, it
could trigger people to spin-off a more complete and generic version
of the script..

Regards,
Vijay