[CentralOH] Email Timing

Prior, Jim jim.prior at accenture.com
Wed Dec 30 09:21:06 EST 2020

On 20-12-29, 15:47, Harlan wrote:

> I am curious as to why this has been sent out after the meeting
> was scheduled to take place.

The notice was sent two minutes after the beginning of the
meeting which was 28 minutes before the presentation was to begin
because I forgot to send it earlier.

> Send time 12/28/20 23:02?

That 23:02 is in GMT timezone. That is, 6:02 pm local time zone.
This is corroborated by the "Mon Dec 28 18:02:23 EST 2020" time
stamp on the archive at
https://mail.python.org/pipermail/centraloh/2020-December/003586.html

> Delivered to my gmail account 12/29/20 12:01PM?

That is slow. Is that self-inflicted? You replied to a digest.
Are digest emails delayed until noon to send the previous day's
emails? Would you get email quicker if you did not subscribe to
the digest?

> Or is this a problem with my internet service thru T-Moble?

I do not suspect your ISP.