[CentralOH] Columbus Service Workers Tip site

Eric Floehr eric at intellovations.com
Wed Apr 8 16:29:52 EDT 2020

I was asked to forward this along by Vince Salvino of the Cleveland Python
Group (https://www.meetup.com/members/101634742/):

I currently run the Cleveland Virtual Tip Jar https://clevelandtips.com/.
This site is entirely volunteer-run to help the Cleveland service industry
during COVID-19 shutdowns. We have been absolutely blown away by the
response - so far in Cleveland we have over 3,000 laid-off workers on the
site, who have received over 5,000 tips.

Our partner Saucy Brew Works (who initiated the idea for the site) is
trying to create a similar site for Columbus, as they have some workers
down there as well. Unfortunately I don't know any devs in Columbus and us
Cleveland folks are already spread too thin to take this on.

Could you put out the word to your network, or your user group, that we are
looking for a volunteer to help? If so, please have them contact me ASAP
at: salvino at coderedcorp.com.

Thank you!