[CentralOH] PyCon 2019 Call for Proposals

Eric Miller miller.eric.t at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 16:50:47 EDT 2018

Hey Jackie!

I recently did a talk at the Ohio Linux Fest on Open Source and IoT, which
was interactive, and very heavy on micropython.  I'd be interested in
proposing a hands-on tutorial lab session focusing on IoT and microptyhon,
which I think many of your attendees will be interested in.  I'd also
probably submit an IoT talk for some session the same day, so you can get
double duty out of me!

My question is this: my company would like to *sponsor* this session so
that we could use our own IoTanium development boards:
https://www.onica.com/aws-iot-board-iotanium/

We are very sensitive to not turning the session into a sales
presentation.  Literally I we would ask as sponsors is to:

- use our own development boards during the session (we'd provide the
boards to the attendees for the session)
- we could mention them once briefly at the beginning of the session (30
second slide)
- the session itself would carry some 'brought to you by Onica IoTanium' in
the schedule/billing/printed material

Are you open to that?

Eric Miller
Vice President of Solutions Development