[CentralOH] Web Scraping NBA data using Python and BeautifulSoup

pybokeh pybokeh at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 06:57:53 CET 2015

Hello List,
Thought I share this IPython notebook example just in case someone may find
it educational or awful :-)

http://nbviewer.ipython.org/github/pybokeh/ipython_notebooks/blob/master/web_scraping/NBA_Player_Stats.ipynb

I just wanted to get up and running quickly, so I just stuck with
BeautifulSoup.  I know there are better alternatives like lxml or Scrapy
and on the database side, ORMs.  But the darn holidays kept me busy.  Now I
finally have some free time to look at ORM using django.

Have a nice weekend!

- Daniel
"pybokeh"...cuz I love Python and love that creamy bokeh in photos.