[CentralOH] The enumerate() solution

timothy spencer smashing_good_show at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 7 18:31:12 CET 2014

I think I have figured out how to list all the desired elements using enumerate(). I set the number of buckets to 8, and here is what I did:

def dump(aMap):
    for index, bucket in enumerate(aMap):
        for i, slot in enumerate(bucket):
           print(index, i, slot)

What printed out then was the index for the bucket, the index for the slot, and then the key/value pair in the slot. It doesn't appear that the 'if' statements that Zed uses are necessary in my code. I am guessing it's because I am not having 'bucket' printed out in the first for-loop.