[CentralOH] Startup Weekend is coming to Columbus!

Eric Floehr eric at intellovations.com
Wed Jul 17 18:21:46 CEST 2013

Jay,

I'm sure that many Python developers in Columbus and around Ohio would have
been interested in attending Startup Weekend Columbus.

However, it is PyOhio weekend. This is the sixth year for PyOhio, and it
has always been on the last weekend in July.

Because you didn't take a simple step to coordinate with other large local
tech events (PyOhio will attract 250, and had speakers from 10 states last
year), you've forced the local tech community to choose when a choice
shouldn't have been necessary.

There are still enough days in a year and the local tech scene small enough
that we don't need to be scheduling our events over top one another.

A little bit of research and planning would have avoided that.

-Eric