[CentralOH] Startup Weekend Columbus

Eric Floehr eric at intellovations.com
Wed Feb 13 15:37:21 CET 2013

All,

Startup Weekend Columbus is March 1st through 3rd. A couple of lifestyle
businesses and one or two venture-backed companies have gotten their start
from this. From what I've heard from friends who have done it, it is pretty
cool. Here is an article about last year's Startup Weekend Columbus:

http://techcrunch.com/2012/07/05/startup-weekend-columbus-an-empire-is-born/

It's a fun way to exercise your Python skills in building something in a
limited time frame. Anand Capur, one of the organizers, asked me to forward
this on if you are interested in attending. It will give you ~$50 off the
~$100 entrance fee.

-Eric

Looking to hack away for a weekend on a new project? Every Startup Weekend
is an energy/adrenaline-filled 54 hour frenzy of hacking away with
designers, business-minded individuals and fellow developers to create the
next big [piece of software, website, iPhone app, corporate solution,
novelty website/app] - you name it!

You can learn more about Startup Weekend at columbus.startupweekend.org and
any developer or designer can use the discount "PythonUsersGroup" to
receive 50% off their ticket.

Startup Weekend is a great way to find a new project to hack away at, to
get involved in the entrepreneurship/startup community, to meet some
incredibly talented designers, developers and business-minded folks, to
create the next big (iPhone app, website, business..), to see your idea
become a reality, and to spend your weekend making things happen instead of
sitting around.

http://columbus.startupweekend.org
http://swcolumbus0313.eventbrite.com/?discount=PythonUsersGroup