[CentralOH] TDD at PyOhio

jep200404 at columbus.rr.com jep200404 at columbus.rr.com
Tue Aug 7 15:16:06 CEST 2012

There was a discussion at PyOhio about Test Driven Development
(TDD) that I need to review.

Who and which presentation(s)?

I'm grasping at vague recollections.
There was a discussion about TDD during PyOhio that mentioned the
need to have tests run in under a second, otherwise developers
won't run the tests often enough for the tests to be of benefit.
There was also talk about how some tests were very cumbersome,
setting up test data in databases. I think there was some
discussion of how to avoid that cumbersomeness. Maybe it got into
talking about how to program to interfaces. I don't think it was
the main focus of a presentation, then again, maybe it was during
the main part of a presentation. It might have cropped up during
Q&A, then again, maybe not. It might have been a few minutes of
one presentation, or I might be thinking of part from more than
one presentation.