[CentralOH] September COhPy Monthly Meeting (Correction)

Brian Costlow brian.costlow at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 21:42:09 CEST 2011

*Correction: Changed meeting date to proper date of 9/26 (Thanks for
catching that one Jim!)*

Our regular September meeting will be on *9/26*, at 6:30 PM at Qwirk
Coworking in German Village. Qwirk is at 595 1/2 S. 3rd St.
Columbus, above G. Michael's restaurant.

Qwirk has provided us with free space for this meeting, be sure to thank our
hosts.

Meeting Agenda.

1. Our hosts will give a brief presentation on Qwirk and its offerings.

2. Greg Malcolm will give a presentation (approximately 1 hour) on Unix
streaming, forking and piping featuring Python and Bash scripting examples.

3. Eric Floehr will talk about his experiences with PyGame and PyWeek.

4. Lightning talks.

5. Open floor for discussion.

A word on parking.

Qwirk's lot is used by G. Michael's after business hours, so you can't park
there. Option one is on the street. Be aware that unless you have a parking
sticker, there is a 2-hour limit until 8:00 PM. So if you park on street
before 6:00 PM, you risk a ticket. Option two is to park at Golden Hobby
Shop, which is about a block south from Qwirk, on the other side of the
street (opposite The Book Loft of German Village).

If anyone can bring an lcd projector (Qwirk uses a flatscreen monitor for
meetings which may be too small for our crowd) please contact Eric Wilson or
Eric Floehr.

Post-meeting fellowship.

There's no shortage of places to go. There are neighborhood bars a block
away; Claddagh Irish Pub and Columbus Brewing Co. are with a half mile.