[CentralOH] Python Based Websites

Austin Godber godber at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 20:46:13 CEST 2011

Would it be acceptable to leave the "proprietary" component in C++ and just
wrap that in Python.  He maintains his speed and security but gets to do the
web stuff in python, where its going to be a bit easier.  Though security
wise, anyone with access to the code would implicitly have access to the
compiled module and be able to wrap it themselves in exactly the same way.
 Though I imagine he is most interested in just protecting the algorithm
since C++ programs can be copied as well.

See this example for embedding a C/C++ module in a python program.

http://docs.python.org/extending/extending.html#a-simple-example

Austin