[CentralOH] Expert Python Programming Chapter 6

Mark Erbaugh mark at microenh.com
Sat Jun 11 02:59:53 CEST 2011

Has anyone been able to get the Atomisator packages set up and running nosetests as per the book?  I've tried with Python2.5, 2.6 and 2.7 on the Mac and Python 2.6 on Ubuntu Linux.  I've tried using the template creating package (pbp.skels) described in the book (0.1.0) as well as a newer one (0.2.40) downloaded from the web (easy_install pbp.skels)

I can create the atomisator.parser package following the instructions but can't get nosetest to run the doctest in the README.txt file.

Here's the output of pip freeze showing the libraries and versions installed in the virtualenv:

Cheetah==2.4.4
Markdown==2.0.3
Paste==1.7.5.1
PasteDeploy==1.5.0
PasteScript==1.7.3
atomisator.parser==0.1.0
nose==1.0.0
pbp.skels==0.2.4
wsgiref==0.1.2
zope.exceptions==3.6.1
zope.interface==3.6.3
zope.testing==3.10.2

When doing python setup.py develop to install the atomisator.parser package, I notice a warning that test_requires (mentioned in setup.py) is an uknown distribution option.

Mark