[CentralOH] Simple XY Graphing

Eric Floehr eric at intellovations.com
Sat Dec 3 23:17:51 CET 2011

Mark,

> Okay, that's about as simple as my need, so it's worth looking into. I was
> concerned that there was a big (i.e MATLAB style) learning curve.
>
> This will probably make it into my presentation for Monday <g>.

Cool!  Matplotlib's documentation is stellar... it's a model for any
project.  There's a nice gallery with source code you can rip off to
recreate similar plots.  Also, the tutorial is worth looking at to take the
next steps after those four lines:
http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/users/pyplot_tutorial.html

The nice thing is, that at least on linux (maybe Windows too, I don't
know), plt.show() will pop up a GUI window with the plot, even if you are
running in a local terminal.  So it's very interactive.

-Eric