[CentralOH] Python, py2exe, and Windows

James - Atlantix james at atlantixeng.com
Fri Oct 29 10:06:31 CEST 2010

I have done exhaustive searching and efforts to get a PyQt program to
compile with py2exe and run under Windows 7. It simply will not. I am fine
with Python 2.5, but not with Python 2.6. I have done the side by side
installation of the MSVCR90.dll and a manifest file in my dist directory . .
. . and followed about a dozen examples on the web. My only logical
conclusion at this point is that Windows is fried and my main alternative is
to distribute .pyc files along with the minimal distro of Python that I
need. Windows is like the grand vision of the hallucinogenic collective,
perhaps more amorphous and delicately sublime than that.

James