[CentralOH] Kokki, or, Server Management

Morgan Goose morgan.goose at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 16:15:29 CET 2010

Issac,

Interestingly enough, that project was started in the #fabric room on freenode
and has a room a few months ago IIRC.  It's utalizing fabric as it's underlying
communication library, and ends up being a loose set of functions to "organize"
some fabric stuff into good bits for package management.

I've not used it, and most likely wont, as I feel a one time start script like
that can be implemented with a good use of a cloud api provider, and some
simple lines of bash for the apt-gets.

If you pop into either channel I think bitprophet (the main fabric dev) uses
some cloud'y stuff. And the kokki dev may be lurking in there, or at lease in
the #kokki room.

goose