[CentralOH] Python .EXE & Windows Side By Side

James - Atlantix james at atlantixeng.com
Sun Nov 7 09:04:26 CET 2010

I have finally figured out to get a Python 2.6 .exe built with py2exe to
work on Windows 7 (x32 or x64) with side by side installation issues. It is
not easy and all the various documentations out there on the web are
conflicting, incomplete, and confusing. What I have not been able to do is
get a PyQt GUI with matplotlib to compile into an .exe (matplotlib has many
dependencies and has historically had problems with py2exe builds.) If
anyone needs a hand on building windows .exe with Python 2.6 or higher
(MSVCR90.CRT manifest and MSCVR90.dll issues) just let me know.

James