[CentralOH] Volunteers Needed for May Meeting

Neil Ludban nludban at osc.edu
Thu Mar 25 17:50:45 CET 2010

On Mar 24, 2010, at 5:16 PM, Eric Floehr wrote:

> I would like to do something different for our May meeting in two
> months.  Instead of a single speaker, I'd like to have a laptops-open,
> hands-on meeting.  Basically, I'd like two to five volunteers to walk
> through a Python component (library, module, third-party API, etc.)
> from the basics to a program that does something.  It doesn't have to
> be anything fancy, but by the end someone should have gotten their
> feet wet and understand how to use that particular component.

Any interest in "Network Programming the Hard Way" using socket,
os, select, and threading?  Basically just translating some of the
examples from Stevens' APUE and Unix Network Programming books from
C to Python, although I can't guarantee everything would work under
Windows given my other time commitments.