[Catalog-sig] pre-PEP: transition to release-file hosting at pypi site

Reinout van Rees reinout at vanrees.org
Tue Mar 12 23:13:59 CET 2013

On 11-03-13 11:44, Lennart Regebro wrote:
> That's now all the energy I'm willing to spend on discussing this
> topic. Third-party hosting needs to go. I believe there is a broad
> consensus on this. Let's instead discuss*how*  to implement it.

Hear hear!

I'm so fed up with other people's non-pypi hosts breaking down breaking
my releases...

I should not be forced to deploy some caching proxy between ohters and
my releases in order to get a marginally-working system.

Those that have good reasons to break everybody's build processes should
take their packages elsewhere.

Reinout

--
Reinout van Rees                    http://reinout.vanrees.org/