[Catalog-sig] pre-PEP: transition to release-file hosting at pypi site

PJ Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Mon Mar 11 20:57:30 CET 2013

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 1:45 PM, Lennart Regebro <regebro at gmail.com> wrote:
> So, we should not remove the links for external packages until
> somebody traverses those links? But as soon as somebody asks for those
> links, we should remove them? In fact before we give them the link?

I'm saying that if someone objects to the presence of  links they
don't actually use, they are speaking nonsense.  Might as well ask to
ban all packages from PyPI that they don't personally like -- it's the
same request.  Nobody is forcing you to depend on packages that don't
host on PyPI, so there is no point to the censorship.

If you don't use the links, you can't argue that their presence is
causing you harm.