[Catalog-sig] remove historic download/homepage links for a project

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Thu Feb 28 17:41:06 CET 2013

On 28.02.2013 17:27, Ronald Oussoren wrote:

> On 28 Feb, 2013, at 14:41, holger krekel <holger at merlinux.eu> wrote:
>>
>>> That's the #2 thing I hate about some packages: removed releases
>>> that I faithfully pinned in my buildout (or requirements.txt).
>>> Removing releases is, imho, irresponsible.
>>
>> it's bad, yes.
>
> But necessary to have. Or am the only one that accidently released a version that had serious bugs?

Nope :-)

I think removing such releases after an announcement and some time
to have people upgrade their "pins" is a good way to send out
wake-up calls to those who continue using the package in their
buildouts or other setups.

Removing the packages just because you can, is not a good idea,
of course. I guess a warning to educate package owners might help
prevent this.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Feb 28 2013)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/