[Catalog-sig] Deprecate External Links

Aaron Meurer asmeurer at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 18:42:49 CET 2013

On Feb 27, 2013, at 9:43 AM, Marcus Smith <qwcode at gmail.com> wrote:

pip/easy_install into installing the right thing by version number
> naming (which is completely broken btw. It's impossible to name
> separate Python 2 and Python 3 packages so that both pip and
> easy_install will do the right thing in every case. See
> https://code.google.com/p/sympy/issues/detail?id=3511).

to be clear, in this issue, easy_install is broke, but i understand you
want something that works consistently across both tools.

Marcus

As far as I'm concerned, pip is broke too, in the sense that the method we
use to make pip work in Python 3 is a bit of an annoying hack (namely,
upload a separate tarball for each minor Python 3 version).

Aaron Meurer