[Catalog-sig] [DRAFT] Proposal for fixing PyPI/pip security

Giovanni Bajo rasky at develer.com
Tue Feb 12 09:40:20 CET 2013

Il giorno 11/feb/2013, alle ore 20:33, Justin Cappos <jcappos at poly.edu> ha scritto:

> Once again, apologies for being mostly out of this discussion for the next 10 days or so, but I did want to jump in and clarify a point.
>
> TUF can be used exactly with a one-key-per-devel model.   (If fact, see our CCS 10 paper on this for details.)
> It's possible to revoke keys and have split keys, etc. but a "simple" developer setup is just as simple as what you propose.

Sorry I can't find this in the CCS10 document, but maybe it's just that I don't understand what you mean. The document talks about 1 key per role (§8.2), but there are still 4 roles that need to be implemented, as far as I can tell. Are you suggesting that a single developer only handles the target role, while the others are centrally handled by PyPI?

Giovanni Bajo   ::  rasky at develer.com
Develer S.r.l.  ::  http://www.develer.com

My Blog: http://giovanni.bajo.it