[Catalog-sig] Packaging & Distribution Mini-Summit at PyCon US

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Thu Feb 7 16:19:51 CET 2013

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 3:15 AM, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:
> As folks may be aware, I am moderating a panel called "Directions in
> Packaging" on the Saturday afternoon at PyCon US.
>
> Before that though, I am also organising what I am calling a
> "Packaging & Distribution Mini-Summit" as an open space on the Friday
> night (we have one of the larger open space rooms reserved, so we
> should have a fair bit of space if a decent crowd turns up).

I wasn't going to be at PyCon, but I changed my plans specifically to
participate in this. Thanks for setting this up.

> An overview of what I'm hoping we can achieve at the session is at
> https://us.pycon.org/2013/community/openspaces/packaginganddistributionminisummit/
> (that page should be editable by anyone that has registered for PyCon
> US).

Cool.  A major difficulty in these sorts of discussions is that people
have different problems they want to solve and argue about solutions
without clearly stating their problems.

If you don't mind, I'll try to find some time in the next few days to
add a section
to that page to list goals/problems.

It might also be a good idea to link to or assemble a list of PEPs
that people are encouraged to review ahead of time as homework.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton
http://www.linkedin.com/in/jimfulton