[Catalog-sig] PyPI download stats stopped updating

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sun Mar 4 00:00:02 CET 2012

> It looks like download stats for packages have stopped updating.

I have now fixed it. After the last dinsdale crash, the postgres WAL
was corrupted. Even though Noah (IIRC) had fixed that, apparently, there
was inconsistencies in the database.

As a consequence, updating the download counter made triggered an
assertion in postgres, which in turn caused the transaction to abort.
I tried reindexing the database, which failed due to a duplicate
primary key in the user table.

I manually removed the duplicate record, reindexed the database, and
ran the stats integration. So now all should be fine.