[Catalog-sig] Fwd: Re: New pythonpackages.com service coming soon

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 00:37:24 CET 2012

On Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 12:57 P

>  Maybe there's a way to make
>> this more secure, like making session based authorization ? Or that's
>> what you planned maybe ?
>>

> I'm not sure what you mean, but I'm certainly planning lots of things for
> the future, assuming things go well. WRT to sessions the app currently uses
> Pyramid's auth_tkt policy, which configures a session for anyone that
> authorizes the app on github.com.

I meant giving a temporary access to my PyPI packages from within your
application when performing tasks, not a complete & permanent one where you
application could perform unwanted tasks at PyPI if the server gets hacked.

I am not sure how this could be done practically speaking, it depends on
the client UI.

Cheers
Tarek

Tarek Ziadé | http://ziade.org