[Catalog-sig] bunch of spam packages

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 14:26:24 CET 2012

On 12/31/11 11:29 AM, Chris Withers wrote:
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/girlfriends/1.0
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/house/0.9
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/hardwork/0.9
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/car/0.9
>
> ...all spamvertising the same website.

It appears to me to be an honest attempt at humor[1] using the setuptools
dependency mechanism rather than spam per se. Using Google Translate on the
blog, it looks plausibly like a legitimate Chinese Python blogger.

[1] Albeit lame and sexist to my American ears. Perhaps it plays better in China.

--
Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."
   -- Umberto Eco