[Catalog-sig] Fwd: [ pypi-Bugs-3488989 ] Need a way to list all package versions

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 12:07:54 CET 2012

On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 12:07 AM, Donald Stufft <donald.stufft at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Saturday, February 18, 2012 at 4:01 PM, anatoly techtonik wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I find SF tracker very annoying, because it doesn't even allow to add
> comments to a closed issue (see below). That's why crossposting here.
>
> So, there two questions:
> 1. does anybody else also thinks that having a way to list all package
> versions available on PyPI would be awesome?
>
> It's possible via the API to list all packages regardless of hidden or not.
> The Web UI doesn't support it. I'm assuming from the ticket PyPI is happy
> with the way it works, but fwiw you can see all the package versions for
> Sphinx at http://crate.io/packages/Sphinx/  (click the All Versions tab).

Thanks for replies about API, I used XML-RPC myself, but it's not a
good user experience to require Python shell to get information from
the web site. http://pypi.python.org/packages/source/S/Sphinx/ really
helps to see what packages are available using browser alone, but
unfortunately it is a hidden magic.

> 2. is there people who don't like SF tracker?
>
> Haven't really used the SF tracker, but if it doesn't allow comments on
> closed issues that would be mildly annoying to me.

I wonder what are the reasons not to use it?
--
anatoly t.