[Catalog-sig] Proposal: close the PyPI file-replacement loophole

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Thu Feb 2 19:55:40 CET 2012

Am 02.02.2012 03:59, schrieb Dylan Jay:
> It it counts I'm +1.
> The problem with counting +1 or -1 is it assumes the silent majority
> would be similarly split in opinion.

I think Richard is following a "in case of significant opposition to
change, preserve the status quo" here. There have been cases of "but
I'm sure I know better than the opposition" in PyPI's history, and
some of these ended up with a debacle, hateful email, and so on
(I know, because I *did* know better than the opposition :-)

If you follow the rule Richard has exercised, the number of supporters
must be *much* larger than the opposition, so that the opposition
can be considered insignificant.