[Catalog-sig] PyPI trove classifiers for alternate language implementations

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Thu Sep 15 16:24:05 CEST 2011

"Martin v. Löwis" wrote:

>> Programming Language - Python - Implementation - CPython
>> Programming Language - Python - Implementation - pypy
>> Programming Language - Python - Implementation - jython
>> Programming Language - Python - Implementation - IronPython
>
> Opinions on this proposal? (including the specific spelling,
> leaving alone that the separator is ::, not -)

Better user CPython, PyPy and Jython for consistency with the
other Trove spellings.

I'm -0 on the "Implementation" part. Do we really need this ?

Also: What about release versions of those implementations ?

Jython and IronPython appear to follow the CPython release
versions, but PyPy uses its own version scheme.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Sep 15 2011)
2011-10-04: PyCon DE 2011, Leipzig, Germany                19 days to go

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/