[Catalog-sig] unable to register new account at bugs.python.org

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Nov 29 22:34:09 CET 2011

Am 29.11.2011 18:32, schrieb Ramon Quezada:
> Hi,
>
> I've tried to register a few times using openid and normal register
> method on bugs.python.org and never receive an e-mail.
>
> The e-mail I'm trying to register with is, rpqpro at hotmail.com
> <mailto:rpqpro at hotmail.com>
>
> Is there a hotmail block?

Apparently so, but not necessarily on our side.

We have a few mails hanging in the outgoing spool with an error status

reason=connect to mx2.hotmail.com[65.54.188.110]:25: Connection timed out

So apparently, either hotmail is down or plays possum for us. I doubt
there is anything we can do - we really do need reliable email
connectivity to you if you want to report bugs.

P.S. catalog-sig is for the Python Package Index (PyPI). Issues
with the bug tracker can be reported to tracker-discuss at ...