[Catalog-sig] I can't download elementtree from Pypi, what can I do ?

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Mon May 9 11:27:41 CEST 2011

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 11:10 AM, Stéphane Klein <stephane at harobed.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I can't download elementtree from Pypi :
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/elementtree/1.2.6-20050316
>
> This resource is down http://effbot.org/downloads#elementtree
>
> What can I do ?
> I found this package here :
> ftp://64.50.236.52/.1/gentoo/distfiles/elementtree-1.2.6-20050316.tar.gz
>
> I've installed this package directly from this link.
>
> Some Pypi admin-sys can append this package directly in Pypi ?
> To avoid external link and fix correctly this issue ?
>
> Thanks for your comment.

You should contact the author so he can fix the page. Also, you could
suggest him to upload the releases at PyPI, this is highly
recommended.

But on our side, there's not much we can do if the url where the
package should be found is down. We're can't upload people packages at
PyPI for them.

Cheers
Tarek

Tarek Ziadé | http://ziade.org