[Catalog-sig] an immutable mirror of PyPI

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Tue Jul 5 20:56:06 CEST 2011

Hi there,

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 8:42 PM, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
[snip]
> I can understand the problem. I'm just telling you that the solution
> you propose is an unacceptable interference with the freedom of the
> package authors (and this comes from somebody who thinks that a rating
> system is *not* an unacceptable interference with that freedom).

Sure. Unacceptable interference with the freedom of package authors to
remove stuff. Unacceptable because developers need
the freedom to remove old versions of their software from the internet. :)

So if someone comes up with a immutable mirror, do you think that's
unacceptable interference with the freedom of package authors as well?
Just checking.

I'll just switch to debian for my package management needs. :)

Regards,

Martijn