[Catalog-sig] disallowing the removal of packages?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Mon Jul 4 21:55:23 CEST 2011

> What do people think?

I agree with PJE, Jacob, and Georg: package owners need
to have absolute freedom to delete content at any time,
or even replace it with new content.

If you don't trust the author to keep old versions available,
you have to make your own copy. Make sure you don't violate
the usage agreement of the software when doing so.

I disagree about possible reactions, though: your first action
should be to ask the package author to bring the old version
back. Maybe they didn't know you were still using it.