[Catalog-sig] Updating a package

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Tue Jan 4 23:28:05 CET 2011

Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> writes:

> What arguments are there for having packages maintained by people
> whose contact details are hard to find? I can't think of any that
> outweigh the problems caused by maintainers with contact details that
> are hard-to-find or absent.

Poorly written. I meant not that problems are caused *by* such
maintainers; rather, the obvious problems of being unable to reliably
get contact details for a maintainer when necessary.

--
 \       “Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a |
  `\                  good example.” —Mark Twain, _Pudd'n'head Wilson_ |