[Catalog-sig] Proposal: Move PyPI static data to the cloud for better availability (version 2)

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Jun 30 06:50:13 CEST 2010

> OK, that's how I would configure it too.  A core dump implies some
> installation problem (e.g., mod_wsgi was compiled against one version of
> Python, but is being bound to a different version -- or psycopg or some
> other extension).  Graham Dumpleton is very responsive about these kinds
> of issues with mod_wsgi if you mail the mod_wsgi list; I've always stuck
> to debs and that's saved me from version mismatches, so I haven't
> actually debugged issues like this myself.

Same here: I was only using Debian packages for everything, expecting
that this ought to work. I don't feel like retrying at this point,
though, when all I expect is a loss of stability. If anybody absolutely
thinks that FCGI is unacceptable and really wants to have this work with
WSGI, please let me know.