[Catalog-sig] Rewrite PyPI for App Engine?

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Fri Jun 25 09:21:29 CEST 2010

Almir Karic <almir <at> almirkaric.com> writes:

> i would like to help out with the move.
>
> is anyone actually opposed to moving to GAE (either moving the current
> code base or re-write, whichever seems more appropriate)?

As I already said, I don't think it's reasonable to do it without first getting
the community's (and the PSF's) agreement that a vital Python infrastructure can
be managed under a proprietary API, platform and datastore.

I would myself be strongly opposed to such a move.

(and I don't even get the point, technically, of wanting to use GAE, which seems
to provide a crippled version of Python)

Regards

Antoine.