[Catalog-sig] PyPI down again...

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Jun 15 23:28:05 CEST 2010

> As a maintainer of the PyPI project, it makes your workflow simpler,
>
> - contributors can clone the repo, change the code and ask you for a pull
> - you can pull changes by direct hg commands, and merge them

After using Mercurial in one project, I'm skeptical that this really
makes things simpler. I find it very hard to find out what changes a
specific clone has that I still need to integrate. Also, when merging
with conflicts, I find it very difficult to determine whether I merged
all the conflicts correctly (since the diff will show all changes, not
just the conflicts).

So I rather expect things to become more difficult when switching to hg.