[Catalog-sig] PyPI down again...

Mathieu Leduc-Hamel marrakis at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 17:14:11 CEST 2010

> Agreed, that's why I think it would be useful to simply put
> all meta data into a SQLite database file and ship that as
> static file as well. Local clients could then download the
> database file (probably only a few MB) and work on it locally.
>
> I don't think it would be easy to do that right now since the database
store more informations than only the metadata of the all packages, you
don't wanna give all the informations about users accounts by example...

And, I don't understand how it can be perform with always updated
informations like ones on the pypi website, your database is always updated,
than it's not possible to have a completely updated one...

Search might not by the big deal if the data and a good cache interface is
implemented, the number of parallel connexion is something else...

This would also make searches in PyPI a lot faster... not only