[Catalog-sig] PyPI down again...

Georg Brandl g.brandl at gmx.net
Sun Jun 13 12:09:32 CEST 2010

Am 13.06.2010 07:10, schrieb James Bennett:
> On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 5:27 PM, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
>>> What is it now, just a straight WSGI app?
>>
>> No, FCGI.
>
> Statements like this lead me to believe that ignoring Joel Spolsky
> would be the right thing to do.
>
> Right now the PyPI codebase seems to have a bus number[1] of one:
> Martin, who is apparently the only person who really understands the
> code well enough to do significant work on it.

JFTR, I had a look at the code at PyCon last year and I could find my
way around it quite quickly.  It's not like PyPI is such a big codebase
that you need a year to get familiar with it.

This is of course not an argument against a rewrite, but the situation
is certainly not as gloomy as it is painted here from time to time.

Georg