[Catalog-sig] [PSF-Board] Troubled by changes to PyPI usage agreement

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 22:54:33 CET 2010

2010/1/21 "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de>:
>> What about restricting the mirrors to the non web part in that case ?
>
> I think MAL is talking about a completely different setup: the
> unofficial mirror. The unofficial mirror doesn't follow any protocol;
> it's just a mirror of PyPI using the standard API to fetch all data
> available. People have been operating unofficial mirrors of various
> qualities for several years.

OK. That's not what I understood since he proposed a cloud system run
by the PSF for the PyPI mirrors.  Which implied (to me) those were
official mirrors.

The goal of the PEP is to address the official mirrors of course,
listed at the mirrors.pypi.python.org DNS (and also provide a protocol
others can reuse as well)

Tarek

--
Tarek Ziadé | http://ziade.org