[Catalog-sig] [PSF-Board] Troubled by changes to PyPI usage agreement

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Wed Jan 20 20:06:19 CET 2010

Steve Holden wrote:
> Agreed. Until this issue is resolved we can't allow (public) third-party
> mirrors. Given the recent adverse reactions to PyPi changes we should be
> careful not to cause any further offense.

Perhaps the PSF should start creating a list of official public
mirrors. We would then need to add a mention of this to the PyPI
usage license I posted.

Setting up an official mirror would then require approval of the PSF
and allow the PSF to monitor and maintain a good quality service.
Package manager tools could then use the list of official mirrors
to find a nearby mirror for downloading the package information.

Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Jan 20 2010)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/