[Catalog-sig] PyPI and PEP 381

David Lyon david.lyon at preisshare.net
Tue Jan 19 00:53:41 CET 2010

On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 00:42:25 +0100, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de>
wrote:

> The "community" just proposed the contrary (more precisely,
> three different people proposing three different technologies).
> Please don't speak for anybody but yourself (unless you are
> *certain* that you have been authorized to do so).

No need to get het up.

We're just having a friendly discussion Martin.  You asked
a question and some people answered it.

Three different solutions is healthy discussion.

It would be a big surprise to everybody if the architecture
or infrastructure got "opened" up. That's what Jannis was
talking about.

You're right.. everything is tightly controlled.. and
every small step needs "authorization". That would never
happen with CPAN. It's why we're not going that way..

Take care

David