[Catalog-sig] PyPI and PEP 381

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Jan 19 00:07:27 CET 2010

> Not that I care too much[1], but one reasonable approach would be to use
> Google's PubSubHubbub protocol which attempts to standardize such push
> notifications.

Thanks. Now I would need two things:
1. a public statement by somebody that this is the protocol they would
   actually want to use. I still don't see the need for mirroring, so
   I would provide it independent of mirroring.
2. a recommendation what specific hub to use. I would prefer not to run
   my own, let alone implementing a hub as part of PyPI (although
   contributions are welcome).

I would then probably setup an RSS feed of the last hour of changes,
and arrange to ping the hub.