[Catalog-sig] PyPI ssh access

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Jan 12 07:11:24 CET 2010

>> I have now set up SSH access for PyPI. The procedure works like this:
>
> Sorry if this should be obvious, but what does ssh access to PyPI give
> me, as a developer?  Can I manage uploads that way or something?

In principle, you would be able to use all PyPI-related distutils
commands (register, upload) over SSH, which then would free you from
the need to provide a password (interactively, or on disk).

In practice, this would require distutils to be modified to actually
use that protocol, instead of using http over plain TCP.