[Catalog-sig] PyPI down?

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 22:22:23 CET 2010

2010/1/11 Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk>:
> Tarek Ziadé wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm still seeing really variable performance and only from PyPI. The main
>>> python website and all other websites I've tried are fine.
>>>
>>> Are there any site load stats easily accessible? I wonder if someone is
>>> maybe spidering PyPI in an antisocial way or some such...
>>
>> Have you tried a traceroute ? Maybe a node on your way is somehow very
>> slow today.
>
> Yup, nothing out of the ordinary... oh well, I guess it is just me and I'll
> wait and hope things get better ;-)

If we have time at Pycon, and if some folks are interested, I would
like to finish the implementation of PEP 381,

and if some folks in the Pip team are interested, see if we can
develop a clisent-side geolocalisation
thingie to pick the closest PyPI mirror.

Cheers
Tarek

--
Tarek Ziadé | http://ziade.org