[Catalog-sig] Mirroring pypi

Gaël Le Mignot gael at pilotsystems.net
Mon Aug 23 18:19:45 CEST 2010

Hello,

At Pilot  Systems, we are using  a lot of Python,  both internally and
for customers.

We also have an hosting farm, hosting mostly Python applications (Zope
and Django).

We are interested  in providing, on this hosting  farm, a local mirror
of  pypi,  both  for  ourselves  (allowing faster  and  more  reliable
installation of programs) and for  the rest of the world (providing an
additional mirror, in France, AFAIK there none yet in this country).

Before we  can start to  setup the mirror,  could you answer  to these
questions :

- are you interested by the idea ?

- do you have an estimation of the disk space required ?

- do you have an estimation of the daily bandwidth used to sync the
  mirror ?

- do you  have an estimation of  the bandwidth used by  end-users on a
  typical mirror ?

Gaël Le Mignot - gael at pilotsystems.net
Pilot Systems - 9, rue Desargues - 75011 Paris
Tel : +33 1 44 53 05 55 - www.pilotsystems.net
Gérez vos contacts et vos newsletters : www.cockpit-mailing.com