[Catalog-sig] doap or json data for latest release

Janto Dreijer jantod at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 17:22:44 CEST 2010

Up until about a week or two ago (?) I think I could get to the doap
info for the latest version of a package with the following:
http://pypi.python.org/pypi?:action=doap&name=scikits.vectorplot
Now it returns an html listing of all the package versions.

According to the source documentation of _load_release_info: "If the
version is None then we return the latest version." Maybe that has
changed.

If I am supposed to provide version=bla in the query, is there a
non-xmlrpc (doap or json) way to get to the latest version number? Or
should I try to parse the html results?

Thanks
Janto