[Catalog-sig] How to make and see comments on PyPI

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sun Apr 11 18:48:18 CEST 2010

> I don't believe this is a serious enough problem to rush through a new
> release, but I would like to leave a note on the project page where
> people can see it.

I recommend to do the following steps:
1. login
2. go to
http://pypi.python.org/pypi?name=obfuscate&version=0.2.2&:action=submit_form
(if it's a different package, go to its edit page)
3. edit the Description field, to leave the note you want to post.
4. press "Add Information"

> I've been told off-list that PyPI does not support package maintainers
> making comments on their own projects. Is that correct?

That's correct.

> Is the only way  I can make a comment to use a sock puppet account?

No, see above. Please don't create puppet accounts.