[Catalog-sig] New fields in the Metadata for PyPI

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Dec 2 21:21:48 CET 2009

> I'd like to see how the PyPI UI works out.  I can also imagine a more
> extensible setup, like:
>
> Project-URLs: documentation=http://myproject.org/docs/
>     repository=http://myproject.org/svn/

I think this also points to an important detail: are they per package,
or per release?

It may seem irrelevant, as it shouldn't hurt when they are per release
(so what?) - but it does: when you change the bug tracker, will it
retroactively also change for all past releases?

So for the repository, mailing list, bug tracker, I think that they
should be per project, not per release. Whether it is then useful to
put them into PKG-INFO, I don't know.

OTOH, the documentation URL often *is* per release, for many projects
(although there might be a documentation root for the entire project,
and a URL for the "current" documentation).