[Catalog-sig] PyPI permissions are broken: cannot manage packages I own

Gary Poster gary.poster at canonical.com
Mon Aug 31 15:56:01 CEST 2009

Trying to manage package details for packages I own is broken.  I
tried with an old-style non-OpenID login and then linked my Google
OpenID and it failed again in the same way.

More concretely, I log in; click on a link for one of the packages on
the right, for which I have privileges, such as http://pypi.python.org/pypi?%3Aaction=pkg_edit&name=lazr.uri
  ; and get the following.

Forbidden

You are not allowed to edit 'lazr.uri' package information

I'm currently going through the dance to be able to create a bug
report on sourceforge, but meanwhile I wanted to report here.

Gary